Monday, August 20, 2012

Cross Country 2012




On the day it was cross country we all had to bring a change of clothes for our house colours, my one was Te Arawa which was red, I didn’t have any clothes with me that were red but I had my uniform t-shirt with me which was red. Then it was time to get lined up in our age lines, I was in the 12 year old line. The first thing that happened was that every house captains from each team had to do a song about them self, when it was Te Arawa turn ( My Team ) we did ours like this we had to copy what ever our house captain did and he said “ Everywhere we go, people want to know, who we are, shall we tell them, we are Te Arawa, from the east of auckland” and that was it.

When it was time for the 12 year old girls to run I was so nervous and I felt like I had butterflies. We had to wait for a little while because the 11 year old girls and boys had to go first, but that was fine with me because my family had more time to cheer me on after they had to leave. Then it was our turn I was happy and nervous at the same time. After the clap went then we started jogging and some of us were running. When I went out the gate it felt like I was playing stuck in the mud because of how my feet got stuck in it, but I was still trying to finish the race, I was so tired that I needed to have some air. When I got to the beach we also had to go around this massive farm with lots and lots of puddles around it with mud in it I got so dirty but I didn’t care. After that we went through the reserve and through the bushes and trees and down paths and up paths then I had another rest because my face was hot and felt like it was in the sun for 2 hours, then I was close to the finish line but then they told us that we had to go around the big field again and then there it was the finish line. I tried my hardest to get to the finish line and guess what I did but I’m not sure what I came but the main thing is that I finished the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment