Friday, August 30, 2013

My Son is Naughty Question


Jack and Ray were at the rugby. Ray’s team was winning
so Jack decided to give Ray a problem to deflate his ego a
bit. So Jack said “Did you know that today is my three
sons’ birthday?” “How old are they?” Ray asked taking
the bite. “I’ll give you a hint. The product of their ages is
36 and the sum of their ages is 13,” Jack replied. “That’s
no help,” said Ray. So Jack weakened and gave him
another clue. “O.K. My youngest son is very naughty.”
“Nothing to it,” exclaimed Ray and he told Jack the
correct ages of his sons.
How did Ray figure out the correct answer and what are
Jack’s sons’ ages?


Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dante,
    My name is Savannah Rhodes, and I'm a college student in a class called EDM 310 all the way from the University of South Alabama. I'm studying to become a math and music teacher someday, and the class that I am currently taking is all about learning different ways that technology can be used in the classroom! First of all, I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed with your blog! It's awesome that you take the time to update so regularly, and I love the design of it. The fact that you put in effort with it really shows! It's awesome that we are able to use our class blogs to connect with people from around the world, and update them about what is going on in and outside the classroom. My teacher sent me here to check out some of the awesome work you and your classmates have been doing! I really enjoyed watching some of the recent math problem videos that you are your friends created. Your videos help to truly explain how the problems were worked out, and show that you guys have a great understanding of how to solve them! I bet these videos come in handy when reviewing how to do problems like this, and might help your other classmates understand how to solve these problems better as well! I am so impressed with this idea that I might use it in my own math classroom someday! Keep up the good work, girls!

    ReplyDelete